Our Personal Statement Writing course will help you understand the different qualities admissions tutors want to see on personal statements, and how you should communicate them. You will write two personal statement drafts and get feedback on them so that you can further develop your personal statement. You will be guided by advice from a former admissions tutor and fellow students.
Understanding Personal Statements
- How admissions departments assess personal statements
- Extra-curricular experiences
- Super-curricular strategy
Planning your Personal Statement
- The ‘personal statement mindset’
- Structuring your personal statement with examples
- Writing your opening paragraph
- Sharing the first draft of the opening paragraph
Writing your Personal Statement
- Understanding the writing process
- Tone and style
- Structuring your evidence
- Editing and submitting the first draft
Personal Statement Writing – learning outcomes
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Write a personal statement that describes your skills and qualities
- Evaluate the relevance of extra-curricular activities to your personal statement
- Plan super-curricular activities for your personal statement
- Adopt a positive mindset for writing your personal statement
- Express your reasons for choosing your course
- Manage the process of writing and editing your final draft
From a school?
We can work with you to create custom packages and pricing. Get in touch with our team to discuss your requirements.
As part of our rigorous safeguarding procedures, all EtonX tutors and staff have passed an enhanced DBS check and Child Safeguarding course.
Privacy and data
To ensure you have the best experience, there are some minimum requirements – click here to check if your device meets these.
The minimum level of English required to participate in our courses is Upper Intermediate or B2 on the CEFR.
I have learnt how to confidently demonstrate my personal qualities and strengths in my application. I was surprised by the fact that there are multiple activities that I’ve done in the past or still doing that reflect my pure interest and passion towards the subject that I wish to major in.