Our University Interview Skills course will equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to prepare for your interview. We demystify the interview process by delving into the interviewer’s perspective, the information they already have about you and the criteria they’re using to assess you. The course will also explore the types of questions you’ll be asked and how best to tackle them, and develop tools to manage nerves and negative thoughts, to enable you to have a more enjoyable and informative experience.
Understanding the Interview
- What to expect
- Understanding the interviewer’s perspective
- Traits that interviewers are looking for
Your University Application
- Conducting research
- Personal statement
- Reading strategy for deeper academic knowledge
Thinking on Your Feet
- Planning ahead
- Controlling your nerves
- Reframing negative thoughts
The Big Day
- How to approach questions and formulate relevant, focused answers
- Coping with unseen texts and problems
- Speaking your thought process out loud
University Interview Skills – learning outcomes
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the skills needed to improve your interview performance
- Understand what the interview process entails and what the interviewer is looking for
- Research your university, course and subject further to build strong answers
- Practise responding to unseen texts and tasks
- Develop your ability to think aloud, demonstrating your thought process to the interviewer
- Learn tools to help you manage nerves and negative thoughts
From a school?
We can work with you to create custom packages and pricing. Get in touch with our team to discuss your requirements.
As part of our rigorous safeguarding procedures, all EtonX tutors and staff have passed an enhanced DBS check and Child Safeguarding course.
Privacy and data
To ensure you have the best experience, there are some minimum requirements – click here to check if your device meets these.
The minimum level of English required to participate in our courses is Upper Intermediate or B2 on the CEFR.
The EtonX University Interview Skills course will allow you to gain skills that are not only going to be useful for your university interview but in your academic life in general. Skills like critical thinking and applying your knowledge don't stop being useful after your interview, on the contrary they are the most important skills in your career.