Our Preparing for BMAT Course will help you familiarise yourself with all aspects of the BMAT test, as well as developing your ability to think through problems and arguments critically and logically. You’ll also complete three mini timed practice tests and a full-length timed test to identify the areas you need to work on.
- Maths: Numerical Skills, Quadratics, Geometry, Probability
- Physics: Kinematics and Newtonian Mechanics
- Chemistry: Balancing Equations and Determining Moles
- Biology: Monohybrid Crosses
- Completing a Scientific Knowledge mini timed test
- Identifying and drawing conclusions
- Assumptions and additional evidence
- Reasoning errors and logical fallacies
- Identifying principles and matching arguments
- Completing a Critical Thinking mini timed test
- Relevant data
- Visual and spatial reasoning
- Completing a Problem Solving mini timed test
- Completing a final BMAT Section 1 timed test
- Completing a final BMAT Section 2 timed test
- About the BMAT essay
Preparing for BMAT – learning outcomes
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- identify all key aspects of the BMAT
- recognise the different question types included in the BMAT
- develop key strategies for tackling specific question types, as well as more general advice
- understand how to think critically and logically
- know how to deal with time pressure and maintain concentration.
As part of our rigorous safeguarding procedures, all EtonX tutors and staff have passed an enhanced DBS check and child safeguarding course.
Privacy and data
To ensure you have the best experience, there are some minimum requirements – click here to check if your device meets these.
The minimum level of English required to participate in our courses is Upper Intermediate or B2 on the CEFR.
After joining this course, I was able to use critical thinking skills to examine news and decide whether they are trustworthy. It really helps me to put critical thinking in daily usage and be more logical!Mercy, Critical Thinking, Hong Kong