Our Making an Impact Course will help you to learn how to become more assertive, confidently communicate your ideas and opinions, and improve your influencing skills. You will understand how to moderate your body language, ask the right questions and achieve your goals. Your learning will be supported by interactive activities, video explainers and mini tests.
- Assessing your assertiveness
- Passive, aggressive and assertive behaviours
- Four steps to assertiveness
- Effect of body language and tone of voice
- Understanding and practising active listening
- Do’s and Don’ts of making requests
- Saying ‘no’
- Reassessing your assertiveness
Influence and Empathy
- Your Influencing Style
- Influencing Role Models
- Empathy Mapping
Influence and Trust
- ‘Push’ and ‘Pull’ influencing techniques
- The Trust Equation
- Practising establishing trust and influencing others
Influence and Persuasion
- Six Principles of Persuasion
- Creating a persuasive Marketing Plan
- Reviewing your Influencing Style
Making an Impact – learning outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- communicate your opinions clearly and confidently
- ask for what you want and say ‘no’ politely
- moderate your body language and tone of voice to make the right impression
- ask better questions and summarise what you hear
- build trust and empathise with others
- understand and implement different techniques to influence and persuade others
- identify personal goals and create a plan to achieve them.
From a school?
We can work with you to create custom packages and pricing. Get in touch with our team to discuss your requirements.
As part of our rigorous safeguarding procedures, all EtonX tutors and staff have passed an enhanced DBS check and child safeguarding course.
Privacy and data
To ensure you have the best experience, there are some minimum requirements – click here to check if your device meets these.
The minimum level of English required to participate in our courses is Upper Intermediate or B2 on the CEFR.
The course taught me many life skills, like how to communicate with others. This can help me in job interviews and help differentiate me from other candidates. It can also help if I am trying to form connections and relationships with others which can lead to job opportunities.Omar, Making an Impact, Malaysia