Our Public Speaking course will improve your ability to speak in all kinds of contexts, from formal speeches in front of an audience to informal presentations in class. You’ll learn how to overcome nerves, engage your audience and deal with difficult questions. Along the way you will be supported by videos from Eton College teachers, experts in the field and fellow students.
A Good Speech
- Different forms of public speaking
- Establishing your own voice
Voice Quality and Nerves
- Best use of your voice
- Body language, overcoming nervousness and projecting confidence
Pacing and Signposting
Engaging Your Audience
- Engaging your audience
- Dealing with questions and interruptions
Structuring Your Speech
- Structuring for clarity
- Techniques for memorising a speech
Giving a Speech
Public Speaking – learning outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Overcome your nerves and anxiety
- Deal with difficult questions and interruptions
- Engage your audience
- Moderate your volume, pitch and tone for maximum impact
- Highlight key points with pausing, pacing and signposting
- Deliver your talks without a script
From a school?
We can work with you to create custom packages and pricing. Get in touch with our team to discuss your requirements.
As part of our rigorous safeguarding procedures, all EtonX tutors and staff have passed an enhanced DBS check and Child Safeguarding course.
Privacy and data
To ensure you have the best experience, there are some minimum requirements – click here to check if your device meets these.
The minimum level of English required to participate in our courses is Upper Intermediate or B2 on the CEFR.
The course is truly rewarding - lots of skills learnt that help prepare for a decent speech on any occasions. I feel more confident now and I'm more determined to take on and look for new speaking opportunities! I like the live group class where we can interact with each other and share our ideas, putting what we've learnt into real practice with peers and the tutor to evaluate and encourage me.