Our Verbal Communication Course will help improve your communication skills, and show you how to build rapport, and approach different types of conversation with confidence. You will be guided by videos giving you examples of practical applications of the techniques used and will have an opportunity to practise throughout the course.
Good Verbal Communication
- Importance of good verbal communication
- Your strengths and weaknesses
- Personal goals and areas of development
- How to build rapport
- Sustaining conversation
- Structuring a clear message
- Cohesive and clear language
- Staying on topic
- Importance of being direct and using precise language
- Improving vocal pace and tone
- Improving intonation
Responding to Others
- Active listening skills
- Good responding habits for clear communication
- Turn-taking and avoiding interrupting
- Emotional triggers
- Strategies for calm response
- Expressing your needs
Verbal Communication – learning outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- identify your communication strengths and weaknesses
- interact confidently and build rapport
- engage others by speaking clearly and expressively
- structure your message concisely
- respond to others and manage turn-taking
- handle difficult conversations.
From a school?
We can work with you to create custom packages and pricing. Get in touch with our team to discuss your requirements.
As part of our rigorous safeguarding procedures, all EtonX tutors and staff have passed an enhanced DBS check and child safeguarding course.
Privacy and data
To ensure you have the best experience, there are some minimum requirements – click here to check if your device meets these.
The minimum level of English required to participate in our courses is Upper Intermediate or B2 on the CEFR.
I've learnt how to effectively and confidently communicate with other people.Krishna, Verbal Communication, UK