Creative Problem Solving
Come up with fresh, innovative ideas to solve real-world problems.Purchase
Our Creative Problem Solving course will help you to come up with many innovative ideas, craft those ideas and apply them in your own life. You will also develop your skills in creative expression, both verbally and visually and learn how to see problems from different perspectives. This course will equip you with a creative process that you can apply in academic and work contexts or when pursuing your own personal creative projects
Exploring and Investigating
- The link between curiosity and creativity
- The Five Whys
- Exploring creative solutions
- Understanding original thinkers
- Divergent thinking
- Techniques for playing around with possibilities and making connections
Crafting and Improving
- Convergent thinking for evaluating ideas
- Seeing problems from different perspectives
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Risk and failure
- Continuous development and improvement
- Why creative projects fail
- Power of words
- Visual design techniques
- Being brave about sharing ideas
- Analysing the creative process
- Reflecting on challenges
Creative Problem Solving – learning outcomes
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Develop curiosity for creative problem-solving
- Generate lots of ideas
- Be playful with your ideas
- Refine and develop your ideas
- Take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persist with creative ideas
- Develop your visual and verbal creativity
From a school?
We can work with you to create custom packages and pricing. Get in touch with our team to discuss your requirements.
As part of our rigorous safeguarding procedures, all EtonX tutors and staff have passed an enhanced DBS check and Child Safeguarding course.
Privacy and data
To ensure you have the best experience, there are some minimum requirements – click here to check if your device meets these.
The minimum level of English required to participate in our courses is Upper Intermediate or B2 on the CEFR.
I used to think I am not creative and can never come up with any creative ideas because I don’t have a talent for it. I thought I was much better at logical thinking. However, I have learnt some techniques for how to approach the creative thinking process logically and was able to become more creative as a result.