Our CV Writing course will help you to sell yourself by demonstrating your skills and abilities. You will learn how to write a cover letter, adapt your CV to specific sectors and get your CV noticed in today’s job market.
- Finding work you love
- Characteristics of a strong CV
- Employer’s perspective
Starting Your CV
- Skills and abilities
- Qualifications and experiences
- Your personal profile
Ordering and Formatting
- Ordering information for impact
- What to include
- Formatting your CV
Tailoring Your CV
- Using keywords
- Organisational values
- Common CV errors
Writing a Cover Letter
- CV vs a cover letter
- Conveying enthusiasm
- The right formats and conventions
Advertising Your CV
- Final checks
- A professional social network profile
- Hidden job market
CV writing – learning outcomes
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the employer’s perspective and tailor your CV accordingly
- Identify your values for work and develop your CV
- Describe your qualifications and experience
- Format, order and style your CV so it stands out in a positive way
- Use keywords and organisational values appropriately and check for errors
- Write an effective cover letter to accompany your CV
- Get the most out of professional social networks and access the hidden job market
From a school?
We can work with you to create custom packages and pricing. Get in touch with our team to discuss your requirements.
As part of our rigorous safeguarding procedures, all EtonX tutors and staff have passed an enhanced DBS check and Child Safeguarding course.
Privacy and data
To ensure you have the best experience, there are some minimum requirements – click here to check if your device meets these.
The minimum level of English required to participate in our courses is Upper Intermediate or B2 on the CEFR.
My favourite part of the course was engaging with the instructor, learning new skills and understanding the importance of tailoring the CV. Having completed the course, it will help me get recognition, standing out from other CVs to be selected or shortlisted.