Coming soon! Click the sign-up link below to get notified once the course has launched.
Our AI Fundamentals course offers a comprehensive journey through the world of artificial intelligence (AI), providing an in-depth understanding of AI’s core concepts and its societal impact and exploring the evolution and implications of AI in our daily lives. You will gain an holistic understanding of AI, from its basics to its societal and future implications. It equips learners with valuable knowledge and practical skills for navigating the ever-changing world of artificial intelligence.
What is AI?
- AI in everyday life
- AI history lesson
- The AI effect
Types of AI
- What are algorithms?
- Neural networks
- Machine learning
- Large language models (LLMs)
- Connected conversational AIs
- The bootstrap problem
- Detail and refinement
- Simulation and simulacra
- Image generation
Society and AI
- Inclusion and accessibility
- Ethics and alignment
- Safety and responsibility
The Future of AI
- Jobs and intellectual property
- Artificial general intelligence (AGI)
- Existential threat!?
AI Fundamentals – learning outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- build on what you already know about AI from everyday experiences and work towards a definition of what AI is
- gain an overview of the different ways AIs can be designed and built, and how different types of AIs can solve different problems
- develop the practical skills needed to interact with generative AIs
- make some educated and well-reasoned predictions as to how AI might continue to evolve in our lifetimes.
AI Fundamentals Launch Sign-Up
Get notified as soon as the AI Fundamentals course is launched!
As part of our rigorous safeguarding procedures, all EtonX staff have passed an enhanced DBS check and child safeguarding course.