Our Job Interview Skills Course will improve your ability to make a good impression in the vital first moments of the interview. You’ll learn how to manage your nerves and deal with tricky questions to ensure you give strong answers to any kind of question. You will see video examples of various situations and will learn how to respond appropriately with the advice of experts.
What the Interviewer is Looking For
- Purpose of an interview
- Positive attitude
- Showing the interviewer what they want to know
Researching Before an Interview
- Tips and techniques for researching
- Understanding your traits, values and interests
- Researching to feel confident and prepared
Answering Common Interview Questions
- Different types of questions
- The STAR method
- Showing you’re the right candidate for the role
- Highlighting your qualities and achievements
- Communicating effectively
Making a Good First Impression
- Preparing beforehand
- Managing your nerves
- Using confident body language
Practising an Interview
- A good final impression
- Asking questions, finding out about next steps and following up
- Using the experience to further develop your skills
Job Interview Skills – learning outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- research and prepare for the interview effectively
- structure effective answers to questions
- think on your feet and deal with tricky questions
- talk about your strengths and weaknesses
- manage interview nerves
- make a positive impression with good interview etiquette
- be resilient and continue to improve your technique.
From a school?
We can work with you to create custom packages and pricing. Get in touch with our team to discuss your requirements.
As part of our rigorous safeguarding procedures, all EtonX tutors and staff have passed an enhanced DBS check and Child Safeguarding course.
Privacy and data
To ensure you have the best experience, there are some minimum requirements – click here to check if your device meets these.
The minimum level of English required to participate in our courses is Upper Intermediate or B2 on the CEFR.
It was informative and helpful as I was able to learn new things that I actually didn't know before. The combination of videos, PowerPoints and voice recordings all help create the best learning opportunity and definitely make this course more fun.Siddika, Job Interview Skills, UK